Migael du Plessis
Migael is a proud South African citizen, and he has always believed that you should live where it's warm and invest where it's cold. He started his career in an account management capacity working for a tax firm. After 4 years of industry experience, he decided to shift his focus to private wealth. Being raised in a family filled with wealth advisers, financial planning has always been a passion of his and a very natural shift in focus. Migael graduated from the University of Stellenbosch and entered into an exceptional graduate training programme where he was mentored by some of the best offshore advisors and managers in Africa. His main areas of expertise are tax structuring for individuals and companies, UK pensions and asset management. Migael’s passion for helping clients improve their wealth-structuring is evident in his performance. Away from work Migael lives with his long-term partner, Julia. If you really want to start a conversation, just mention that you have a slight interest in football, particularly Liverpool Football Club! Favourite
- Bachelors of Arts degree from the University of Stellenbosch
- RE5 Regulatory Examination: Representatives in all Categories of FSPs
- Quote: The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty. – Winston Churchill
- Hobbies: Liverpool FC, Golf, Wine Tasting, Reading.
- What Migael’s clients say: As a broker, Migael has proved to be responsive, thorough and hasn't hesitated to go the extra mile. I appreciated his follow-ups and can vouch for his professionalism and courtesy in every interaction.